A More Affordable Full Service Option
Removing a Big Barrier to Entry
Hiring a Computer-Based Testing (CBT) company involves a large up-front implementation cost (over $20,000), or a commitment to guarantee a minimum number of annual testing candidates (typically several thousand). These minimum requirements make the per-candidate cost prohibitive for small volume testing programs.
To overcome this hurdle, ITPG formed a partnership with CBT provider Kryterion™, Inc. to become its testing client and assume the high upfront cost. In turn, ITPG divides the cost among multiple smaller or new testing programs for a much lower cost than would otherwise be possible.
Basic Service Package
1. ITPG Sets Up Your Exam(s) and Gets You Running. The computer-based test delivery system will be configured to operate as follows:
- • ITPG will set up your item bank(s) in the test delivery system (includes up to 3 banks).
- • ITPG will construct the active exam form(s) (includes up to 1 form per test title).
- • ITPG will set up the cut-scores (and any reporting scales used).
- • ITPG will set up the candidate reporting in the test delivery system.
In short, we will replicate your current exams in the Kryterion™ delivery system, including the conversion tables if scaled scores are used (which we recommend).
2. ITPG Begins Testing Your Candidates. Basic test administration services include:
- • Upon receipt of an approved test taker’s application (or file) from the participating client, ITPG will enter those candidates into the Kryterion™ scheduling system and transmit Authorization-To-Test notices to the candidates.
- • These notices will permit these eligible candidates to proceed in making their appointments to test at any Kryterion™ proctored testing center (900+ worldwide).
- • Following the administration of tests, ITPG will download the associated score files on a weekly basis and manage the movement of pass/fail information to the participating client for subsequent issuance of certificates.
- • ITPG will manage the ongoing tasks of reconciling candidate fees, payment questions, refund, registration, training, test or result questions, and such support that may be required for delivery of tests not otherwise handled by the CBT Company.
1. Examination Test Development Maintenance Support Many of ITPG’s clients also opt for a package of psychometric and test development hours per year to support the ongoing proper maintenance of the examinations themselves. These activities typically include tasks such as:
- • Managing and entering new items into the item bank and test delivery system on an ongoing basis
- • Creating test forms as needed to properly fulfill the candidate volume of testing
- • Entering and maintaining the scoring data, answer keys, scales, etc.
- • Conducting item writing and review activities with the exam/schema committee
- • Providing advice and guidance concerning testing policies, situations, etc.
- • Maintaining the passing standard and equating examinations as needed
- • Export response strings and conduct test and item analysis as necessary
- • Any other test development related tasks
- • ITPG can fully support Practice (On-Line) Examinations
- • ITPG can fully support Client Proctored Examinations (i.e. hosted exams)
2. Other Test Delivery Formats